How To Get Out Your Own Way starts with recognizing the situations that confront us all whether we know it or not. When we can come to the realization of the truth of the matter, we will find our true selves.
The process of getting out of your own way puts you closer to your “Why,” your beliefs, your expectations, and your passions. Some obstacles challenge us at every turn in life and deter us from seeing our path clearly.
Affiliate Disclaimer: I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Ever heard or used one of these phrases, “life ain’t easy, “it ain’t easy being me” “knee deep in s**t” or ” can’t see the forest for the trees”?
At first read, they all seem easily defined. But with each interpretation, you can gauge where you are in your life journey, and how clearly you recognize the obstacles in your way.
Getting Out Your Own Way is a part of life. Do you believe you are put on this earth for a purpose? Or do you believe it was a matter of chance? Are you an atheist or do you believe in a supreme architect of all there is?
Your answer to any of the questions mentioned, will not detract from the fact that you are here in the flesh. How you choose to live life is up to you. You control your destiny, and to reach what you are destined for will be a fight with the biggest obstacle you will ever face.
The number one obstacle is yourself. The tools needed are within you, but just like the obstacles that you acknowledge as such, you must also recognize the tools within you to confront and win this fight.
How To Get Out Your Own Way
Excluding genetics, our beliefs are usually decisions derived from our environment, associates, and influence through education.
It is the combination of all these parts, that help determine a mental makeup. Along with some soul searching, we begin the process of how we choose to live your life which in turn paints a mental picture of our “why.”
Which many call their passion, purpose in life or their destiny. My passion is to have success with a home business. My why is the same as my mission. To help as many as I can find success with a home business while leaving a legacy for my grandchildren.
Showing them what hard work and believing in yourself produces the fulfillment you are after.
The seven deadly sins viewed by society and literature are:
- Lust – to have an intense desire or need: “But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart” (Matthew 5:28).
- Gluttony – excess in eating and drinking: “for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags” (Proverbs 23:21).
- Greed – excessive or reprehensible acquisitiveness: “Having lost all sensitivity, they have given themselves over to sensuality so as to indulge in every kind of impurity, with a continual lust for more” (Ephesians 4:19).
- Laziness – disinclined to activity or exertion: not energetic or vigorous: “The way of the sluggard is blocked with thorns, but the path of the upright is a highway” (Proverbs 15:19).
- Wrath – strong vengeful anger or indignation: “A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger” (Proverbs 15:1)
- Envy – painful or resentful awareness of an advantage enjoyed by another joined with a desire to possess the same advantage: “Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind. Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it, you may grow up in your salvation” (1 Peter 2:1-2).
- Pride – quality or state of being proud – inordinate self-esteem: “Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall” (Proverbs 16:18).
You Are Who You Are
I think most of our obstacles occur because we are daunted with temptations that are easily accepted as being okay.
And when one adheres to what is right will face much more opposition.
In pursuit of our passions, the temptations are intensified because they are directed at an accomplishment or goal we are trying to achieve.
These type of temptations are easily recognizable but can be strong, and lure you into making hasty decisions and not with good judgment. It is a strong mental makeup that leads to success.
The successful person will tell you without a doubt, that they had to overcome fear and failure (obstacles) throughout their journey and that is what they are most proud of.
“Anything worth having is worth working for.” I don’t know who to give credit for that quote, but I am glad it was said. Again actions are controlled by the individual, or are they?
Can you honestly say that you are in control of your life with all the manipulation of the media, the influence of friends and your environment?
The successful person: Dr. Martin Luther King can. Muhammad Ali, Serena Williams, and Fredrick Douglass all can say they took the road less traveled, holding to their beliefs despite temptation. Do you have a strong mind? That is capable of getting out your own way?
Here are 13 signs that show you have a strong mind:
Use your time wisely
Be open to feedback
Refrain from trying to please others
Know how to set boundaries to keep things in perspective
Not afraid to seek help
Being a freewill thinker
Follow your instincts
Step out of your comfort zone
Face your fears
Here are the 13 things mentally strong people don’t do:
by Amy Morin is a psychotherapist and She’s the author of 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don’t Do(link is external) 1. Throw pity parties
2. Do not have self-doubt
3. Believe their way is always the right way
4. Waste Energy on Things They Can’t Control
5. Do not try to please everybody
6. Fear Taking Calculated Risks
7. live in the past
8. Make the Same Mistakes Over and Over
9. Do not be jealous of others
10. fear failure
11. Fear Alone Time
12. Feel the World Owes Them Anything
13. Expect Immediate Results- Life choices can be easily influenced. It is incumbent upon the individual to become a free-will thinker in order to express their true feelings.
The main purpose in life is to help each other. Your discovery to achieve this goal will be a unique experience. And your purpose in life is to give your destiny back to the people. If you are ready to share an idea, passion or your purpose in life. You are living in a time where you have an opportunity to share it like never before, and earn an income while helping others.
Join my marketing team now! We will give you intense training to create an online business for free. And if you continue the training and opt-in to become a member, we will teach you how to run an online business. As a member, you will have access to all that the program offers as shown in my review. There are discounts and added bonuses as well.
See You On The Other Side
Thanks for stopping by. I wish you all the best with your online business, and, may you have blessings and prosperity. Please, let us communicate, share a comment or question and I will get back in touch with you.